Need peace and space, but don’t want to move from Oegstgeest? Then this house is your chance. This beautiful bright detached bungalow is located on a dead end street on a very spacious plot of 1305 m2 around the house. For water lovers there is an extra to this house: it is located on a ditch, which is directly connected to the Oegstgeester Kanaal, so that you can easily sail to the Kagerplassen of through the center of Leiden, right from your own property. The clearance height of the Duikerbrug on the Dorpsstraat, with its 1 meter, determines the size of your boat.
Spacious hall with wardrobe. The living room is accessible from the hall through double French doors. The living room is spacious, has a high ceiling and is very free at the rear, so that no one can look inside and you have a beautiful view of greenery in all directions. The living room has a fireplace and a door the garden, with a terrace directly to the side. The open kitchen can also be reached from the living room. What is striking about this passage is that the ceiling returns to the original height of the entrance and that this transition is closed with a stained glass window over the entire width of the passage. This kitchen is modernized in 2018, with many modern appliances and a skylight for extra light on the countertop. There are also patio doors from the kitchen to the backyard. The entrance, living room and kitchen are equipped with floor heating.
Next to the kitchen is a passage to the utility room. Here is the washing machine setup and an extra sink for all kinds of cleaning jobs that you don’t want to do in the kitchen. From this room is the passage to the large attached garage. The garage has a roller door with lots of glass. There is even a permit to convert this garage into a small apartment for guests or as an office/workspace at home!
Back to the hall on the other side is the access to the bedrooms. First of all there is a bathroom on the right with a shower, sink and toilet. In addition, a bright bedroom with windows on the east side, so nice and cool in the summer!
Next to this bedroom are 2 more bedrooms of approximately the same size. In addition, a spacious bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, wide sink and toilet.
At the end of the hallway is the master bedroom. Because it is on the end of the house, the room is extra wide and very spacious.
The surrounding garden is a mecca for children: lots of space to play and all kinds of nice corners to make a hut or treasure hunt! Care has been taken to furnish the garden, including a vegetable garden with fruit and vegetables. At the rear of the garden, the possibility to go out with the boat. There is also a lovely terrace at the back of the garden for cozy dining in the evening.
The house is very comfortable and some important additions have been made recently. The house is equipped with 22 solar panels and the roof has recently been completely renovated, including insulation. In the garden is a beautiful sauna cabin and a very solid office space with wifi and electricity.
The location in Oegstgeest is special. There are 3 detached houses on the dead-end street, of which this is the first. From here you can easily reach the Lange Voort shopping center, but the house is also very central to various schools (both primary and secondary), many different sports facilities, public transport and also conveniently located for the highway to the A44. The central station and center of Leiden are also within cycling distance, as are the beaches of Katwijk and Noordwijk.
In short, a house that you really should come and see!
- Very well maintained and bright bungalow
- The roof had recently been completely renewed, including insulation
- Floor heating in entrance, living room and kitchen
- New Jotul energy efficient fireplace in the living room
- The exterior paining was done in 2022
- Upgraded and modernized electrical distribution system
- There are 22 solar panels on the flat roof
- The central heating boiler is a 2018 Remeha
- A permit has already been issued for the conversion of the garage into living space
- Modern bathrooms
- Very comfortable and quiet location
- Possibility to go out with a boat from your own property
- Electricity points were realized in multiple location of the garden allowing realization of outdoor lightening of your choice
- Electric entry gate was installed controlled by remotes
- Convenient walking entry and path were created between trees, including new bikes shed
- Fences on both sides of the property were renewed
- Parking spaces on site in front of the garage